OUR SCHOOL VISION
At Greenhaugh First School we aim to provide a welcoming and supportive atmosphere where staff and children work together to create a happy, secure, caring and stimulating environment. This will be in partnership with parents, governors and the wider community. All children are given the opportunity to achieve their full potential, to develop responsibility, self-esteem, respect for others and their environment. This will be achieved through a broad and balanced curriculum in both an indoor and outdoor environment, with high quality teaching and learning experiences that will encourage curiosity, develop enquiring minds and promote their confidence to try new challenges.
This will be achieved in a well resourced school that encourages creativity and co-operation and where individual, group and whole school efforts are valued and celebrated.
“The best part about Greenhaugh is we never leave anyone out”.
“The school is such a supportive learning environment”
AIMS OF THE SCHOOL
The school has the following aims:
- That each child has the opportunity to attain their full potential in relation to age, aptitude and ability.
- That each child takes an active role in assessing their work and planning future learning targets.
- The provision of a sound structure for the acquisition of the basic skills in literacy and numeracy.
- The promotion of acceptable standards of behaviour.
- The development of social awareness and the co-operation of children with one another.
- An appreciation by the children of their environment and the world in which they live.
- The encouragement of self-expression and creativity.
- The enjoyment of school.
- The pursuit of these aims and objectives in an interesting and stimulating environment in which learning is an enjoyable and meaningful activity.