The government has put in place a number of measures to bring about improvements to the way that Special Education Needs services are delivered. One of these is the “SEND Inforrmation Report”.
Local authorities and other services, including schools, will now be setting out a local offer (Information Report) of all services available to support children who are disabled or who have a special education need (SEN) and their families. The Report will enable families to understand what services they can access and what support they can expect. The offer will include provision from birth to 25, across education, health and welfare.
The potential outcomes of the Information Report are:
- To provide clarity and confidence for parents
- To support earlier intervention
- To reduce the need for assessement
- To identify needs and gaps in provision
- To provide an evidence base for improving progress and securing better outcomes at school and local level.